Counselling for Depression
Therapy helps to identify, understand, and reduce feelings of sadness, negative thought patterns, and lack of motivation. Therapy for depression allows individuals to change the way they think about themselves, others, and their surroundings.
Therapy also helps individuals approach overwhelming problems by breaking them down into smaller, more attainable goals. I use a strength-based approach that helps my clients identify their own solutions.
What is Depression?
Depression is most often characterized by at least two weeks of consistent low mood, lack of motivation, and intense feelings of worthlessness and helplessness. Someone who is depressed may experience:
- Overwhelming feelings of sadness
- Changes in sleep patterns such as excessive sleeping or insomnia.
- Feelings of anger
- Loss of interest in things you previously-enjoyed
- Unexplained physical ailments such as headaches or muscle pain
- Difficulty concentrating
- Weight fluctuations or changes in eating habits
- Suicidal thoughts
Your first session involves an initial assessment of your well-being and a thorough intake of your personal history and background. Subsequent therapy sessions are 60 minutes in length and are unique to each treatment plan.